Home
Obituaries
Directions
About Us
Pre-Arrangements
For Veterans
Social Security

Gorman Funeral Home - Converse Chapel
P.O. Box X
1147 Cheyenne St
Douglas, Wyoming 82633
Tel: 307-358-3843

Gorman Funeral Home - Platte Chapel
P.O. Box 816
1108 9th Street
Wheatland, Wyoming 82201-2613
Tel: 307-322-2384

Wheelchair accessible
   

The history of the Douglas Funeral Home goes back to 1904, when the first and only funeral home was established by Al Heaton.

It was sold in 1906 to C.H. Hofmann, who also conducted a furniture and upholstery business. Record of the city’s first recorded burial goes back to 1906.

The Hofmann Mortuary, which also housed his flower shop, furniture store, and mortuary, was in a continual state of expansion. With the flower shop and chapel being added between 1910 and 1912 with a two story addition built later to increase the size of the furniture showroom on the first floor and storage for caskets on the second floor.

In 1945, Cecil Stark of Lusk, Wyoming purchased financial interest in the Hofmann Mortuary and Flower shop. Upon Stark’s retirement in 1970, Kent and Lois Lapham assumed ownership under the name of The Stark-Lapham Funeral Home. They started Douglas Monument Works in 1977.

In February, 1982, ownership of the funeral home and monument works was assumed by Ross and Biff Gorman. The funeral home is now called Gorman Funeral Homes-Converse Chapel.

Copyright © 2018 Gorman Funeral Homes. All Rights Reserved.    | Website by CFS |